More than 7 decades old, Bal Bharati public school stands as one of the most promising schools producing great results consistently over a long period of time. The perpetual success of the school can be attributed to its ability to embrace a dynamic approach to teaching followed by its multiple prestigious recognitions.
Established in 1944 with a mission to give propulsion to the educational needs of that time, it now gives precedence to the methodology of inclusive education which aims to cater to the individualistic needs of Children with autism, hearing disabilities, learning disorders, etc. To know more about the Inclusive Education Program, Click here.
With a vision to impart holistic development to its students, Bal Bharati public school has been a recipient of the International Dimensions in School Award ( IDS) for the 5th consecutive time for adding an International dimension to the school by blending and following an inclusive methodology in its curriculum, maximizing exposure.
About the Founder
Imparting knowledge coupled with the motive to preserve the rich culture and heritage were prioritized as the primary goals back when the school was born during the turbulent times of suppression by colonial rule. An Indian educationist, social worker, and philanthropist, the visionary founder- Lala Hansraj Gupta was the primary torchbearer whose recognition of a blend of values and academics owing to his diverse roles played in society, lends Bal Bharati School what remains its important undercurrent today.
Bal Bharati Public School Gangaram is located in Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Marg, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi.
Google location: Bal Bharati Public School Gangaram
Bal Bharati Public School Ganagaram is affiliated to the CBSE board offering Seats starting from Pre-primary to Grade 12.
Ranging from Pre-primary to Grade 5, Students are made to engage with the core subjects – Maths, Hindi, English, Science, EVS, and Art.
Starting from Grade 6, Foreign languages ( French/German) and Sanskrit gets coupled with the core subjects.
Grade 11-12 gets bifurcated into three streams – Humanities, Science, and Commerce, with the provision of Vocational ( English, Front Office Operations, Tourism, Economics/History/ Physical Education, and Painting/ Entrepreneurship).
Admission at Bal Bharati Public school is possible at 3 levels: Preschool, all classes up to Grade 9, Grade 11, and 12.
Preschool: With 368 seats in total, admission to preschool is done as per the government norms. Fill in the application forms that are available only online followed by attaching the necessary documents as will be notified at the time of admission.
Other Grades: Admission to other classes is subject to the availability of seats.
Grade 11-12: Grades in relevant subjects for respective streams are considered.
Fee structure (2023-2024)
The fee stands approximately at INR 9000. For more information about miscellaneous costs, click here.
- Sports and Games – At Bal Bharati, education remains not only restricted to academics but also looks beyond the same to encourage a fit mind and body. Teams equipped with skilled physical trainers and coaches offer expert training to the students to help them lead healthy lifestyles. The school offers sports and games like Athletics, Basketball, Volleyball, Cricket, Table Tennis, Badminton, Judo, Karate, Hand Ball, Throw Ball, Tennis, Swimming, Chess, Football, Rhythmic skipping, Physical fitness, and Skating for all-round development.
- Excursion and Tours – Trips and excursions form an integral part of the curriculum to help enrich, enhance and expand the lives of students thereby providing them with the necessary exposure to comprehend diversity, leaving an everlasting impact on them. To know more about both National and international virtual tours, click here.
- Community service – Academics, along with a good moral base inculcates values of empathy and service thereby contributing to making young minds, responsible citizens. Some of the Community service drives include Covid-19 Vaccination Drive to encourage citizens to get vaccinated, Nukkad Natak in collaboration with NGOs to enlighten the masses about the menace of plastic pollution, a Donation drive, an International conference on Safe riding, etc.
Best practices merged with the methodology of teaching
- A new approach to learning: With the aim of holistic learning, encouraging, critical thinking, and exploration, practices such as the incorporation of STEAM ( Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) with projects and activities, adopting storytelling as pedagogy, maximizing learning by coupling drama with education, introducing flex books (an online book that compiles content-rich videos/animations in sync with the prescribed curriculum) and Flipped classroom ( providing videos or subtopics to students prior to the class by the subject teacher), the methodology of teaching maximizes the benefits reaped.
- International Dimension to maximize exposure: Strongly a believer in the world being part of a single family, Bal Bharati aims to foster global learning, equipping young scholars with values like inclusivity, and grooming them into individuals who appreciate the culture and environment of different countries. For example, they are made to engage with the habitats and food habits of National birds of different countries as a part of an activity to enhance their knowledge about Fauna and ecological balance in the environment. Comparative studies of neighboring countries of India, known as the IDS activity made learning relevant and fun.
The Indo-polish exchange program, French virtual exchange program, Indo-Japan Exchange program, and German virtual exchange program organized by Bal Bharati aimed to create a cross-cultural exchange, thereby helping students gain maximum insights regarding the global situation.
Bal Bharati Public school Gangaram remains one of the top schools in New Delhi that helps students establish a strong global understanding, comprehend the value of serving the community starting from a young age, and engage in relevant learning due to its dynamic approach to teaching. One of the best CBSE schools promoting holistic development, it has indeed maintained a progressive attitude since the seven decades of its establishment.