Established in 2008, Indus International School takes inspiration from the river Indus, along the banks of which it was conceptualized.
The founder, Leh. Lt. General Arjun Ray, PVSM, VSM (Retd.) is a learner, teacher, author, and leader and relentlessly works to bring innovation in education. He graduated from Staff College at Camberley in the UK and served as the Deputy Military Advisor in London. He set up 13 schools, 60 adult education centers, and 11 women’s empowerment centers before starting the Indus International School. Recently, he was nominated for The Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions in the field of education.
Indus International School is a day-cum-boarding school with a strength of 350 students from all over the world.
Where is the school located?
The 27-acre campus is located in Kondakal Village, Near Mokila in Shankarpally. It is a protected environment that gives children the opportunity and comfort to explore and expands their minds.
What is the curriculum?
The school follows the IB curriculum and offers classes from Reception to grade 12. It is also affiliated with IGCSE.
The average annual tution fees at Indus International School, Shankarpally is Rs.6,50,000 for day scholars. The fees for boarding school is Rs.8,00,000.
What does the 27-acre campus offer to kids?
Separate quads and areas for different grades of students, a huge garden, studios, libraries, and playgrounds are some of the highlights of the school.
The smart classrooms at Indus International School allow 25 students per class. With a faculty strength of 85+, the school strictly maintains a teacher-student ratio of 1:15. Individual attention and experiential learning are the key aspects of learning at Indus International.
State-of-the-art and on-par with global standards, the laboratories in the school help children grasp concepts in a better manner. The school also has a separate science center.
Fully-stacked libraries that contain a plethora of knowledge through books can be found at Indus International. All kids are encouraged to make reading a habit.
Amphitheater and auditorium
Various events, workshops, and seminars are held at the auditorium and the open-air amphitheater.
From art & craft rooms to music studios and activity rooms, the school accommodates all types of performing and fine arts. It promotes learning through various activities and developing different skills.
The well-built, spacious dining hall at Indus International provides a homely environment for children to enjoy their mid-day meals.
Spacious, fenced playgrounds with athletic fields are spread across the entire campus, allowing children to explore their talents in various sports. The school also has a 0.5-acre garden.
The school has separate boarding facilities for boys and girls. It offers weekday boarding as well as full-boarding for children to choose from.
The infirmary at Indus International is equipped with basic medical facilities to take care of injuries and illnesses.
Academics and beyond academics at Indus International
The school follows the IB curriculum for children from Reception to Grade 12. Students in grades 9 and 10 may also choose CIE or IGCSE. The students in grades 11 and 12 follow the IB Diploma Program.
Besides regular academics, the school offers a number of programs that help with holistic growth and development.
- Leadership curriculum: This is unique to Indus International School and focuses on unlocking leadership potential in each child. The school conducts regular leadership sessions throughout the year, helping children become mindful and develop communication, critical thinking, and creativity skills.
- Indus Training and Research Institute (ITRI): This is a teacher-training institute, the first of its kind in India.
- The Parent Advisory Committee (PAC): Indus International has an open-door communication policy wherein parents and the school partner to ensure that children get the best possible platform and education to grow into tomorrow’s leaders.
- Counseling and support: Counseling at Indus International helps children with behavioral, mental, and physical challenges, creating a wholesome atmosphere of learning for everyone.
Just a decade old and one of the best schools in Hyderabad!
The school has won a number of awards and has been recognized in multiple fields every year.
- Ranked among the top 10 international day-cum-boarding schools in India (Education World)
- White Swan Educational Award (2015-16)
- 85% of students secured the IB Diploma (2018)
If an international curriculum is one of your priorities, you must consider Indus International School for your child.