Knowledgeum Academy is a school in Bangalore based upon the IB curriculum and Cambridge School backed by the Jain group. Jain Group has 30 years of experience and legacy running in India. Dr Abdul Kalam(Late President of India) had the view if India has to succeed, experiential learning is the key to it. Knowing the value of experiential learning, ‘Knowledgeum Academia’ have the vision to make experiential learning a reality in the academic curriculum. The uniqueness in providing practical knowledge as a part of the academic curriculum is why ‘Knowledgeum Academy is one the best IB Schools in Bangalore.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme for grades 11th and 12th at the knowledgeum Academy tested upon various parameters and is valid in top universities as a degree provides exposure to different national and international opportunities. Critical knowledge with culture as the backbone provides exposure to encourage potential thinkers and leaders for the welfare and growth of society. A school is known not just for the co-curricular activities it provides instead mainly for the academic success of the school. Tracking the academic needs in mind. The academic curriculum is presented in detail below.
A curriculum which covers social, emotional, knowledge-based and learning based is in use at ‘Knowledgeum Academia School, Bangalore’.
The two courses offered at the school are- the “IB Programme and Cambridge Programme” based on international education patterns.
International Bachelorette Diploma Programme
It is a two-year academic programme which challenges students in various fields and subjects recognised around the globe. The international curriculum in place focuses more on practical knowledge to effectively utilize the available skills in a manner to achieve and succeed in life.
The subjects under the IB Curriculum are divided into three heads-
- Theory of Knowledge(TOK) – Under the ‘theory of knowledge head, the focus is on academics and the academics at the IBDP Knowledgeum Academia School, Bangalore, focus on learning through practical skills and knowledge. The subjects included are focused on learning and deepening the understanding of humans.
The subjects offered are in 6 groups- The first group is ‘English and Literature’. The second group is known as language acquisition the language thought is ‘Spanish’. The third group is focused on subjects like ‘Economics, Psychology, Business Management and Environmental systems and societies’ grouped under the head Environmental Systems and Society. The fourth group known under the head of ‘Sciences’, focuses on subjects like ‘Computer Science, Environmental Systems and Societies, Physics, Chemistry and Biology’. The fifth group is core maths covering ‘Mathematics approach and analysis along with Mathematics application and analysis’. The sixth and final group focuses on Arts. And the subject covered under it is ‘Visual Arts’.
- Extended Essay – The Extended essay followed at the best IB School in Bangalore follows extensive and in-depth research of a variety of questions about subjects under the focus of the curriculum and real-life problems. The extended essay pattern enables students to effectively conduct research, ideate and communicate at an early age to thrive in a competitive society. The idea is to ensure international exposure and growth to be competitive with students around the world.
- Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) – The third and final pillar of education at Knowledgeum Academia, Bangalore is the holistic way of learning instilling self-determination, community service, the feeling of collaboration and accomplishments and leisure. The aim behind this is community engagement and engaging in activities with an outcome.
How does the assessment in the IB Curriculum happen?
Like the other examinations worldwide, a written assessment at the end of the completion of the programme is held. Assessment is usually conducted by an External IB examiner as same as the pattern followed by the CBSE Board pattern. Just like the CBSE pattern, the internal teacher grades and marks students upon the performance from ‘grade 1 to 7’, later sent to the external teacher. The theory of knowledge alongside essays adds up to 3 bonus points depending upon the performance.
The minimum requirement to gain the diploma programme is at least score 24 points in total. The total points available are 45 including DP, CAS and EE.
The most important part about a boarding school is the boarding facilities available at the school, the best IB school in Bangalore ‘Knowledgeum Academia’ provides boarding facilities to the students, the facilities available are detailed below;
At ‘Knowledgeum Academia’, each student who avails of the boarding facility is provided with a bed, a study table, pillows, and linens. The blanket to be used is to be brought in by the students.
Alongside the accommodation facilities, the time to come is 8:30 PM on the weekdays, and a certain relaxation on Sunday is 9:30 PM. The out time for the students is 5 AM.
Amenities in the Hostel:
- Parents are relatives, and those who come to meet, have a waiting lobby available in the hostel.
- Students need to get their clothes cleaned and pressed, and for that, a washing machine is available in each hostel alongside a tie-up with a local vendor to get the clothes cleaned.
- For the availability of good quality food, a central kitchen on the school campus delivers food to every hostel on time.
- The Boy’s and Girl’s hostels are separate
- The washrooms and rooms are the only places excluded from the CCTV surveillance, the rest all the places have a camera installed
- High-speed wifi alongside 24-hour water service is available, not just that daily housing service with a cafeteria and power availability is ensured on the campus.
Transport from school to the hostel and vice versa via shuttle pick-up and drop service is available.
Address & contact:
#44/4, District Fund Road, Jayanagar 9th Block, Bengaluru – 560 069.
Phone Number- 91 73530 12393,
Email- email@example.com, https://goo.gl/maps/LUPWuuyqVpKiQnug6
All in all, ‘Knowledgeum Academia’ is one of the best schools in Bangalore available with a boarding service, the school ensure holistic growth and development of a child.