Hello there! So you wish to explore the educational ambience at Chinmaya Vidyalaya? Your Google fee is full of questions that speak in unison ‘which one to choose out of the schools near me?’ Well now that you’ve reached Yellow Slate, you would not need to search further as I would bring every significant information about the school to your avail with the promise of accuracy, precision and thorough research. In this blog post, I have covered the following aspects about Chinmaya Vidyalaya: Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi values and vision, Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi address, Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi admission, Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi fees, and several other USPs that would instil the belief in your head by the time you’re done reading this write-up, that Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi is one of the best schools in Delhi. So without taking much of your time, let’s get to the point!
Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi:
First things first, Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi was established in 1979 as an extension and implementation of the Chinmaya Mission that was started in 1953 by devotees of the world-renowned Vedanta teacher, his holiness Swami Chinmaya Nanda. So, naturally, Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi follows in the footsteps of the personality when it comes to the values, pedagogy, and aspirations of the school.
“Yathaa drishti tathaa srishti”
These words are the mantra of the school
that translates to “As the vision so the world appears to us”. And that justifies why the school invests much in the development of the students as complete humans, and subsequently, that justifies why it is considered one of the best schools in Delhi. Chinmaya Mission aspires for global spiritual upliftment and Indian cultural renaissance to go hand in hand. At Chinmaya Vidyalaya, the ancient teachings of the Upanishads are imparted in the presence and through the contribution of the seekers of the true wealth of knowledge. Their pedagogy puts faith in the logic of spirituality, the foundation of Vedic culture and in the teaching tradition of Advaita Vedanta while aiming for Integrated Development, Universal Outlook, Indian Culture and Patriotism to prevail. Hence, it is referred to as one of the best CBSE schools in Delhi because not all schools endorse these values. They seek harmony and balance between keeping up with the trends and demands of the modern times and the preservation of traditional values and methods, it seems.
- Campus: Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi campus is spread over 3.75 acres of land.
- AV Classrooms: The classrooms feature audio-visual facilities that facilitate smart learning.
- Library: They maintain a well-stocked Library and Resource centre, helping students study what, when and how they wish.
- Infirmary: They have an in-house medical centre that provides timely medical assistance to students as needed.
- Activity Area: They have a sprawling inviting area for physical activities that keeps the children in tune with nature and their inner selves.
- Transportation: Vidyalaya’s transport system makes sure to facilitate kids’ safety and reliability on the school’s transport facility.
- Atal Tinkering Lab: Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi hosts an Atal Tinkering Lab, for science and robotics, computer and research. Here, students get to explore and attain engineering skills programming, 3D printing, Drone making, soldering machine, drill machine, hacksaw, pliers etc. Students also get to explore software skills like developing WebApp, Android App & Games and operate 3D printers.
Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi Curriculum:
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi follows and practises the CBSE Curriculum, which has been the most reliable and sought after board in the country for years.
- As one of the best CBSE schools, Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi ranked No. 18 in India and No. 5 in New Delhi 2020 by Education Today Survey in the category – ‘India’s Top 20 CBSE Schools’. You must have started to recognise why the school has been lauded to such levels as we’re well into the blog.
- Yet again, as one of the best CBSE schools in Delhi, Chinmaya Vidyalaya ranked No.1 for “Holistic Education” in New Delhi, in the CBSE Category for The North India’s School Merit Awards, Survey Conducted by Education Today.
Following is a list of subjects offered and taught under the CBSE Curriculum at Chinmaya Vidyalaya:
As you can see for yourself, the curriculum does not lack in the variety of disciplines that would interest the students. It most definitely is one of the best CBSE schools in Delhi. So, do not underestimate Chinmaya Vidyalaya’s quality of education for the reason that it follows the traditional curriculum as it has shaped the curriculum to be efficient in its own skillful way.
Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi Address:
Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi is located in one of the well maintained and posh regions of Delhi, i.e, Vasant Vihar.
Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi precise address is given here:
Chinmaya Vidyalaya Near Priya Cinema, Indian Air Lines & Air India Estate, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110057
Location’s Google Pin:
So if you’re not far from the given location, what better than choosing Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi as your answer to ‘schools near me’. And even if you don’t, the school has transport facilities as you would explore further.
Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi Fees:
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi fees would vary as per the grade as is the case generally. The school has transparency when it comes to sharing its fee structure with the interested ones. So, as you can see below, while the lower range touches 74,000, the upper range is around 1,78,000.
Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi Admission:
- Registration: Naturally, the first step in the Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi Admission process is to register. You would simply need to click on the menu tab on the left of the school website where you can find the admission section. There, once the registration process has commenced, you would be able to access the form. Fill the complete (incomplete forms won’t be considered) and accurate details in the online form, and pay the online registration fee of Rs. 25 that is non-refundable. Registration is just an initiation of the application and not the guarantee of admission.
- Document Submission & Verification: After selection, submit the printed form at the school office that would be verified along with the photocopies of documents.
- Selection: The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the school website and notice boards as per their given schedule. There is no interview or interaction with the children conducted for Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi admission. That was all about Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi admission process, quite a straightforward process isn’t it?
Co-curriculars at Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi:
Clubs: When it comes to what Chinmaya Vidyalaya offers to providing opportunities and exploring the potential of its students to the fullest, the school is host to Astronomy, Robotics, Music, Dance, Sewa, Art, Multimedia, Quiz, Mun, Public Speaking on the Co-curricular frontier. Some of them are as explained below:
- Multimedia Club: This club has two significant purposes, promote tech interaction and knowledge, and teach the students to communicate through various forms of media.
- Heritage Club: This club is precious for the reason that it promotes the preservation of traditional Indian values and symbols that constitute some of the heritage sites of India.
- MUN: MUN has caught speed in India as most of the best schools now have this club because of its efficiency as it inculcates the general delegate skills in students i.e, public speaking, debate, lectures, speeches and more. I have added this image for your reference to learn more intimately about these ‘clubs’ what they do and how they do it.
Sports: The Vidyalaya provides the best facilities, giving students the opportunity to enjoy a wide range of physical activities not just limited to basketball, football, volleyball, and numerous indoor games. These sports activities help keep their physical fitness in check.
Performing & Visual Arts: Performing arts and Visual arts are also at the kids’ avail because even though not everyone can create art, or dance or sing, everyone is free to do it and should do it as such activities induce a creative release that makes them function better as learners.
Contact Details: +91 9513238818. You might as well reach out to the school authorities in case of any specific queries that cannot necessarily be resolved here.
More of Chinmaya Vidyalaya’s USPs:
Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi prioritises Children’s personality development and has a specially laid out plan for it that is ‘Vyaktitva’. It includes the following practices to nurture the ideal values of discipline, reading – habit, social and self awareness:
- Text Reading – to promote reading of scriptures and books based on moral and ideal values.
- Discussions and Interactions – Prioritise practical learning rather than just theoretical learning.
- Chanting – Chanting of Vedic mantras is also practised as they are a valuable source of an ideal lifestyle.
- Meditation – Mindfulness and doing self-introspection is also functional as
- Circle time – Hear out and value student ideas and life experiences.
- Connecting- giving lessons with practical examples.
- Friendly Environment in the Class – learn and interact with the peers.
- Sewa Activities – to serve one’s family, society, school, nation and the world.
Awards & Accolades:
The school has achieved and won so many awards in the past recent years that I find myself incapable of alluding to all, but what I have done is mentioned the most recent accolades that are as follows:
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi is one of the 17 top and best schools in Delhi that has been rated AAAA+ in the list of day schools in Delhi 2023, under the National Day schools category by Careers360.
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya has also been the recipient of the “Happiness Award 2022-23” by Society for Happiness for its exemplary leadership and contribution in creating a positive education space and promoting happiness above all.
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya has also received Brain feed School Excellence Awards for its committed efforts and adapting innovative means to groom the young learners with life skills.
- Yet another feat and award won by Chinmaya Vidyalaya is ‘The National Education and Training Excellence Award 2022’, awarded by the Confederation of Indian Universities.
- In a recent event ‘Abhivyajana’ organised by Gyan Bharati School, Saket, the student team of Chinmaya Vidyalaya: Lasya Priya Yellasiri of Class VI, Shreyas Loshali of Class VII, and Aditya Kumar of Class VIII; secured the 1st position in the Mathemagix category.
- For the session 2022-23 of the Mukhyamantri Vigyan Pratibha Pariksha which is conducted every year at state level for the students of class 9th that is meant to identify and nurture students with potential, two students, Abhijeet Kumar (rank-24, marks – 79%) and Yashaansh Dubey (rank – 43, marks – 69.5%) of Chinmaya Vidyalaya made their place in merit list and qualified for the scholarship.
- At “Confluence”, an event organised by Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, Subroto Park, Bhavya Gulati and Manuj Arora of Class IX secured the 2nd position in the Socio-Tech Masters category. Such is the talent that Chinmaya Vidyalaya Delhi nurtures or, say, manufactures!
Well, what do you have to say about the school now that you’ve learned enough, if not all about Chinmaya Vidyalaya? Isn’t it really one of the best schools in Delhi, I know your answer is yes and that the next time someone says ‘I’m looking for the best out of all the schools near me’, you’d surely recommend Chinmaya Vidyalaya. We at Yellow Slate work hard to leave such honest and unbiased impressions on you, and we sure hope that in one or other way we have been of help to you, our dear readers.
We would leave you with the most important fact about the school, it values discipline, it is one of its top priorities. So, tradition, spirituality, discipline, ethics and universality are the words that define the school. The infrastructure, the cbse curriculum that has earned the school the title of one of the best cbse schools in Delhi, the ambience and more that I have mentioned make up for the school’s reputation as it does for every other school. And the school, as you have read, has been the best at all of those frontiers, so, is there still any doubt in calling Chinmaya Vidyalaya one of the best schools in Delhi? Is there any reason to not go for this school when it’s one of the results when you search for ‘schools near me’? I think not.