We have gone through numerous lists of best schools in Hyderabad and Telangana, and have seldom seen a list that doesn’t have Delhi Public School (DPS) on it. Whether it is in academics or co-curricular activities, DPS has frequently been on top.
Sunitha S. Rao, the Principal of DPS, expresses the values and philosophy of DPS at every step and ensures that they are always implemented in academia and beyond. She leads from the front, encouraging her staff and students alike, to focus on their personal and social growth. She has also created a platform to preserve the rich culture and heritage of our country. Holistic development, security, and open communication are the pillars on which Ms. Sunitha S. Rao has successfully managed and lead DPS, Nacharam.
Established 13 years ago, it is indeed worth mentioning that the school is a platform for holistic growth and development, and a strong step towards university preparation.
Each student gets individual attention to face the future in a positive, goal-oriented manner. The school also has branches in Mahendra Hills and Nadergul.
The Nacharam branch of Delhi Public School is spread across a property of lush greenery and serenity. The campus houses all the amenities required to ensure a happy childhood and a prosperous future for all children.
The school provides bus transport facilities that reach numerous points of the city so that transport is the least of parents’ concerns.
Google Pin Location: https://goo.gl/maps/89DTShGKv4xcNb6j7
While DPS Nacharam is primarily a CBSE school, it also offers the much-reputed Cambridge International to its children.
- CBSE: DPS follows the CBSE curriculum right from pre-primary, stitching it together with sports and co-curricular activities. The school tailors the curriculum according to the grade so that children get the best out of it.
- Cambridge International: Cambridge Primary and Cambridge Lower Secondary Programs help develop essential skills in English, Math, and Science. At DPS, the infrastructure and the faculty beautifully support the integrated curriculum. As a part of the Cambridge Curriculum, the school offers two assessment options: Cambridge Primary Progression Tests, which are marked in school, and Cambridge Primary Checkpoints, which are marked by examiners from Cambridge. Sports, clubs, and labs are also a part of the Cambridge Curriculum at DPS.
Fee structure For 2023-2024
Fee structure for Pre Primary classes is Rs. 65,000, whereas from class 1 to class 4 it is Rs. 78,000. From Class 5 to Class 8 it is 84,000 and for 9th&10th classes it is Rs. 88,000. Students who choose science stream in 11th and 12th classes has fees of Rs. 118000 and for commerce stream it is Rs. 103000.
When you compare it with others in its league, you will see that the fee structure is quite reasonable. DPS is among the best schools in Hyderabad today and your child would love studying here. 80,000 INR is not bad at all considering the value and standard of education the school provides. We advise you to seek more details about the fees from the school to make an informed decision.
Infrastructure and Facilities
Fully-furnished classrooms, outdoor play areas, and indoor play areas are just a few of the highlights of the DPS Nacharam infrastructure.
The classrooms are digitized, spacious, and comfortable. Brightly lit and fully equipped, children feel right at home in their classrooms. This enables them to focus and study without feeling disconnected.
Learning without practical experience serves no purpose. DPS Nacharam seems to believe this principle very strongly. The school has biology, physics, chemistry, and computer laboratories that help grasp concepts through experience.
Libraries make learning a lot of fun and expand the horizons of the mind. Book reading facilitates language learning and interpersonal skill development.
In the DPS Nacharam campus, you will find an elaborate collection of books that suit all grades and levels of learning
The school offers bus transport to pick up and drop off students each day. All the school buses comply with the RTA guidelines. The school also conducts regular maintenance checks to ensure the safety and security of all its kids.
All drivers have a mobile phone to interact with parents and the faculty in case an emergency arises.
The dining hall in DPS Nacharam is massive and hygienic at the same time. Children may choose to have breakfast and lunch within the school premises.
The school has a vast hostel for boys from VI to XII grades.
All the rooms are air-conditioned and have a monitored internet facilities. Laundry service, salon, security, academic support, sports, housekeeping, infirmary, and tuck shop are some of the facilities provided to all hostel kids.
DPS Nacharam firmly believes that sports education is just as important as academics.
The school has both, outdoor and indoor areas with facilities for basketball, tennis, football, cricket, swimming, athletics, kho-kho, skating, yoga, tennis, karate, and more.
Music, dance, and arts & crafts are a part of the DPS curriculum. Every student has the liberty to explore his/her interests and discover talents.
The school boasts of numerous awards & achievements in each category not just at the district level but also at the state and national levels.
Among the many USPs of Delhi Public School is the school’s approach towards academia. It goes far beyond just teaching and learning from the textbooks.
Career guidance and counseling, and special classes are conducted on a regular basis to ensure that no child falls behind at any stage.
- Counseling: Children can always approach their respective teachers for career guidance so that they choose the right stream after 10th grade. Which board they should select, how to make the right choices, and how to make an informed decision based on the current & future trends are a few of the touch points of these sessions.
- Wellness: Behavior modification, single parent concerns, emotional wellness, life skills classes, special education, and counseling (individual and group) are a part of the wellness program. The school also conducts workshops for teachers, students, and parents in various modules such as stress management for teachers, adapting to challenges for children, and creating a supportive environment for parents.
- Innovation center: All-Time Food Project, Atal Tinkering Lab, CREA, and IFBM are some of the initiatives that the school has taken to foster innovation.
Required documents for admission:
1. Passport size Photographs of the student and both the Parents/Guardian.
2. Candidate’s Date of Birth certificate issued by competent authority
3. Candidate’s aadhar Card/ passport
4. Copy of residential proof
5. Bonafide certificate for admission to class Nursery, Prep and class I
6. Report card for admission to II – XII
• Class II – VII admission – Term I report card copy of the current year and the previous year.
• Classes VIII- XII admission – Report card of term I of current academic year along with last two years report card
Awards & Achievements
DPS Nacharam has made it to the headlines on many occasions for sports and academics alike. From cricket to tennis to CREA, its achievements have consistently been recognized in print.
DPS is popular for being one of the most innovative, dependable, and top schools in Hyderabad. No wonder why it is among the best today! What do you think?