Established around a decade ago, Oakridge International School has taken the state’s education industry by storm. Right from the beginning, it has been among the best and stands strong among the top international schools in Hyderabad today.
The school offers curriculum options, an integrated system of learning, a range of extra-curricular activities & sports, world-class infrastructure, and strategic development programs to all its students. These are a few of the many things that set the school apart from the rest.
Oakridge Gachibowli has the privilege of being the first IB school in Andhra Pradesh. It is also the second largest IB school in the country today. This campus has been widely recognized for its faculty, amenities, and more, making it one of the top 5 international schools today.
The school also has branches in Bachupally, Bengaluru, Vishakapatnam (boarding school), and Mohali.
Oakridge International school Fees
The fee at Oakridge International School begins with 1,41,600 INR per annum for Nursery. From Pre-K to grade 3, it is 2,79,700 INR per annum and from grade 4 to 7, it is 2,94,000 INR per annum. Grade 8 students are expected to pay 3,56,500 INR per annum, and grades 9 and 10 pay 3,17,800 INR per annum. Food and transport are additional, one-time payments at 28,200 and 41,700 INR, respectively.
The overall fee may vary based on the curriculum, but either way, it falls right in the industry standards today. The fee structure is comparable with the best international schools in Hyderabad today, providing outstanding infrastructure. We recommend that you visit the school once to analyze it yourself. In all likelihood, you will agree with us that the fee is indeed reasonable.
Also known as Oakridge Newton, the Gachibowli branch stretches across 5.11 acres. It has schooled students from across the world, making it a truly global and diverse place of education.
Oakridge International School is located in a peaceful area, not far from the hustle-bustle of the city, making travel quick and hassle-free.
Google Pin Location: https://g.page/Oakridge_Gachibowli
Oakridge International School Review:
The diversity in curricula offered at Oakridge is unique and one of its main selling points. There are very few other schools that offer their students so much choice right from the beginning.
Oakridge offers Cambridge, CIE, and CBSE curricula from nursery to 12th grade.
- IB Primary Program (Nursery to 5th grade): Academia fuses with personal growth in the IB PYP Program. The curriculum is process-led and inquiry-based, encouraging children to fuel their curiosity and asking questions based on their experiences with their surroundings. This approach creates confident, independent thinkers. The program has six inter-disciplinary themes around which they learn and consider the links between local and global issues.
- IB Middle Years Program (6th to 10th grades): This program is for children between 11 to 16 years of age. It emphasizes holistic development, individual learning abilities, and understanding levels. It is quite a challenging program with broadened learning that encompasses values, social well-being, emotional maturity, physical fitness, and psychological growth.
- IB Diploma Program (11th and 12th grades): The IB Diploma Program is respected by all major universities in the world. It has a Diploma core and six different subject groups. The core has 3 required components that help children broaden their educational experience and apply their skills in the real world.
- CBSE Program (7th to 12th grades): The CBSE board has always advocated holistic and robust learning. The curriculum is designed to provide a quality education that promotes social, intellectual, and cultural growth. The CBSE learning process revolves around Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation through stress-free learning. It continues to churn out confident, competent, and independent citizens every year.
Infrastructure and Facilities
The Gachibowli campus is equipped with every facility that a student could need to nurture his/her future, not just academically but holistically.
Everything is carefully vetted in a way that students go through different experiences, discover their interests, and foster them in the classroom and the grounds. Equal importance is given to academics and extra-curricular activities.
Spacious and technologically updated, the classrooms at Oakridge are digitalized. All classrooms are air-conditioned to ensure comfort as students study.
Oakridge Newton firmly believes that experience paves the path to success. Reaffirming this, it has multiple laboratories for different subjects spread across the campus.
The fact that the campus has not one but two campuses is proof that they understand the importance of reading and how much it helps inculcate soft skills as well as life skills in children.
The campus also has a toy library for our toddlers.
Auditorium and multi-purpose antechamber
The state-of-the-art auditorium helps children showcase their talents and stage their performances during festivals, events, and functions. Activity rooms and the antechamber facilitate the same.
Oakridge offers bus transport facilities to its students along with GPS facility to ensure safety during their commute. They have 40 buses that cover a major part of the city.
Students can enroll in the meal plan for lunch at school. They follow a buffet system with a different menu every day. The school is made in the school’s kitchen itself, maintaining all health and hygiene standards.
Learning Resource Center, infirmary, gymnasium, clinical psychology unit, and fitness center are also a part of this school’s spectacular infrastructure, making it a true learning center.
For budding Roger Federers and Serena Williams, the Oakridge tennis courts will be a major attraction. And, why not? They are Wimbledon-sized!
They also have soccer grounds, a swimming pool, a skating rink, cricket ground, rock climbing wall, basketball courts, children’s recreational park, and a games field for athletics.
In fact, the school has collaborated with international organizations to help children in their sports of interest. Swimming, especially, is focused upon because it is a life skill that everyone must learn.
Literary activities: Spelling Bee, Chairman’s Cup, and Read & Rhyme are just a few of the many literary activities the school regularly conducts to help children build and polish their communication skills.
Cultural activities: Music, theater, visual art, etc. – They all have a home at Oakridge. Every art is given importance, and specialized workshops are conducted time and again to help children establish themselves in their respective fields of interest.
Community services, trips and expeditions, cybersecurity awareness program, robotics, and perfect leadership camps are also a part of an Oakridge student’s life.
Besides offering children a range of curricula, Oakridge conducts a number of programs to shape a child’s life. These include special programs, workshops, international programs, and more. The IB program, in fact, helps student explore their own potential and build their cultural and personal identities. These personal developments are fused with career counseling. This has resulted in the placement of our children in top Ivy League Universities such a Stanford, Oxford, UCLA, and Upenn
Oakridgers are often given opportunities to connect with the world through international programs so that they learn about leadership, global challenges, and the global economy. Some of the programs are as follows:
- Oakridge’s Columbia Business Program – The global entrepreneurship and innovation course
- SGLI – Students Global Leadership Program
- Oxford Summer Classes
- OAKMUN and OAKJMUN – Conferences where elite speakers such as PV Sindhu and Amala Akkineni share their wisdom with children
- Ocean Conservation
- MIT Program – Nord Anglia Education and MIT are working together to introduce STEAM subjects and the STEAM way of learning. This program encourages children to experiment instead of just doing what they are told.
The Oak Difference
Now, in a nutshell, let’s discuss what sets Oakridge International School apart from the rest of the best international schools in Hyderabad:
- Shomie Das, who founded the school, has been an academic consultant for more than 30 schools in India and overseas.
- It was one of the first IB schools in India. It currently offers IBDP and IGCSE along with CBSE.
- It follows an integrated system of learning, which uses inquiry more than instruction.
- It has a global campus and is currently collaborating with MIT to help children on an international level.
- It has world-class amenities for sports, activities, and education.
- It invites guest lecturers from all around the globe.
- It conducts strategic development programs in collaboration with Columbia, Oxford, and other reputed institutions.
- It has consistently ranked number 1 in the education sector.
- It has an enhanced Co-curricular Enrichment Program (CCEP)
- Book your appointment
- Visit the school along with child
- Carry memos of last two years
- School tour and counselling
- Issue of application and attending teacher observation
- Upon observation, admission is cleared
- Minimum fee payment to block the seat
You can also fill the form for admissions team to call you.
Documents Needed For Admission
- Previous year’s academic record(s)
- Transfer certificate
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- 6 passport-sized photos of your child
- Your child’s resident visa (if applicable)
- A passport-sized image of parents/guardians
Awards and Achievements
Oakridge has been showered with numerous accolades and awards since its inception. It recently featured in the Forbes Magazine as well as one of the Great Indian Schools of 2018.
- Oakridge International Schools Featured by Forbes Magazine among the great Indian Schools of 2018
- Oakridge has been listed in the “Top 25 India’s Best Companies to Work For-2018”. We have been listed for the 4th consecutive year in this prestigious rankings by Great Place to Work – Economic Times