Welcome to Yellow Slate! We publish blogs on schools and their syllabuses on a daily basis. Today we bring you St. Paul’s High School in Hyderabad.
So come along, let’s dive deep into the details of the school and see why St. Paul’s High School is a perfect fit for you and your child
About The School: St. Paul’s High School
St. Paul’s High School, Hyderabad, is a well-respected private, co-educational school established in 1954. It’s a Catholic missionary educational institution located in Hyderabad, India, offering classes from lower kindergarten to the 10th grade.
Here’s a brief overview of the school:
History and Background:
- It was founded in 1954 as a branch of All Saints’ High School to celebrate its 100th anniversary.
- Named after Bro. John of God’s favorite saint.
- Initially a boys’ middle school, it later became co-educational.
- Managed by the Brothers of St. Gabriel Education Society, which oversees over 70 institutions in India.
Academics and Facilities:
- Prepares students for the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) Examination through the English medium.
- Recognized by the government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Known for its strong academic record, it is consistently ranked among the top schools in India.
- Offers well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, a library, and a computer lab.
- Provides extracurricular activities and sports facilities for holistic development.
Reputation and Recognition:
- Lauded as the best school in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad,.
- Featured among the top ten schools in India by Outlook magazine in 2001–2002 and 2002–2003.
- Consistently ranked among the top ten schools in India.
Overall, St. Paul’s High School, Hyderabad, is one of the best schools in Hyderabad with a strong academic reputation and a focus on holistic development. It provides a quality education for students from diverse backgrounds.
Here are some additional details you might find helpful:
- Website: https://stpaulshyd.edu.in/
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sphshyd/
- Address: King Koti Road, Hyderabad, Telangana 500001, India
St. Paul’s High School, Hyderabad: Facilities
St. Paul’s High School, Hyderabad, goes beyond academics to offer a nurturing environment for students’ learning and growth. This is reflected in their array of facilities, designed to support everything from academic pursuits to sports and personal development.
- Spacious, well-lit classrooms equipped with modern tools like projectors and smart boards foster interactive learning.
- A well-stocked library brimming with books, periodicals, and digital resources keeps young minds engaged and curious.
- A modern computer lab equips students with essential IT skills and tools for the digital age.
- Dedicated science labs for physics, chemistry, biology, and more allow students to delve into the wonders of science through hands-on experiments.
Beyond the Books:
- A spacious auditorium serves as a stage for school events, assemblies, performances, and guest lectures, adding vibrancy to school life.
- Large playgrounds provide ample space for students to get their daily dose of exercise and enjoy team sports.
- Music and dance rooms equipped with instruments and practice spaces nurture students’ artistic talents and passions.
- A well-equipped medical room with trained staff ensures students’ well-being is always looked after.
- A hygienic canteen provides healthy and nutritious meals and snacks throughout the day, keeping students fueled for learning.
- Safe and reliable transportation services offer peace of mind to parents and ensure convenient access to school.
More Than Just Bricks and Mortar:
St. Paul’s High School’s facilities are just one piece of the puzzle. What truly sets it apart is the combination of:
- Experienced and passionate teachers: dedicated educators committed to student success both inside and outside the classroom.
- Enriching extracurricular programs: A multitude of clubs, activities, and events cater to diverse interests and talents, fostering well-rounded individuals.
- Values-based education: The school instills positive values like respect, responsibility, and compassion in its students, shaping them into responsible citizens.
Curriculum at St. Paul’s High School
St. Paul’s High School, Hyderabad, believes in the power of a well-crafted curriculum to ignite curiosity, equip students with vital skills, and prepare them for lifelong learning. Their curriculum goes beyond rote memorization and textbook learning, emphasizing an interactive and engaging approach that caters to diverse learning styles and fosters intellectual growth.
Foundation for Strong Academics:
Following the Telengana State Board Curriculum: Up to grade 10, students follow the comprehensive and structured State Board curriculum, ensuring a strong foundation in core subjects like mathematics, science, language, and social sciences.
Beyond the Board: St. Paul’s enriches the curriculum with additional learning resources, projects, and activities to go beyond the prescribed textbook material.
Focus on Higher Order Thinking Skills: The curriculum actively engages students in critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, and collaboration, preparing them for future academic challenges and success.
Admissions At St. Paul’s High School, Hyderabad
Getting your child into St. Paul’s High School, Hyderabad, involves navigating a well-defined admission process known for its competitive nature. However, with proper preparation and understanding the steps, navigating this path can be less daunting. Here’s a comprehensive overview of their admission process:
- Nursery to Kindergarten: Open to all students regardless of caste, creed, religion, or gender.
- LKG and UKG: Preference given to siblings of current students and children of alumni.
- Grades 1 to 7: Open to all students based on vacancies and performance in the entrance test and interview.
- Grades 8–10: Limited vacancies based on exceptional academic performance and availability.
- Applications typically open in December or January each year.
- Application forms and detailed guidelines are available on the school website or from the school office.
- Entrance tests and interviews for specific grades are usually held in February or March.
- Admission results are declared and released online or through individual notifications soon after.
Submitting the Application Form: Fill out the online or offline application form meticulously and submit it before the deadline along with the required documents, such as a birth certificate, report cards, proof of residence, and passport-sized photographs.
Entrance Test and Interview: Depending on the grade, students may need to take an entrance test followed by an interview with the principal or a designated school representative. The test typically assesses basic skills in language, mathematics, and general knowledge, while the interview aims to gauge the student’s personality, communication skills, and motivation.
Selection Criteria: Admission decisions are based on a combination of factors, including entrance test scores, interview performance, academic record in previous schools, sibling preference, and alumni status.
Acceptance and Fees: Upon receiving an offer letter, parents need to complete registration formalities and pay the admission and tuition fees within the stipulated timeframe to secure their child’s place.
All in all, St. Paul’s High School, Hyderabad, is one of the best schools in South India. The school offers an overall development with top-class facilities following the state board curriculum. apply to St. Paul’s High School today and book a seat for your child
Parent Reviews on St. Pauls High School
Reviewed on August 19, 2022
Teaching skills are excellent, Best school. teachers are very supportive special thanks to sathya reddy sir.
Reviewed on March 23, 2020
G CHANDU Excellent school very good teachers especially shalini teacher, mani kumari teacher, sundharamma teacher, rehana teacher, sowjanya teacher, najma teacher,balreddy sir really they are very good and thanks to shalini teacher
Reviewed on December 18, 2019
I have studied K.G sections in this school ,Now I am studying diploma ,but still I have group photo with my K.G friends