YellowSlate takes immense pride in guiding parents through the intricate process of securing admissions for their children in some of the best schools in Bangalore. In this quest for excellence, the Canadian International School (CIS) – BSF Campus in Yelahanka stands out as a beacon of international education standards, offering a nurturing environment where students are groomed into global citizens. With a mission to empower students to thrive in a dynamic world and a vision that emphasizes holistic development, CIS is not just among the best schools in Yelahanka but is also recognized as one of the best schools in Bangalore.
About Canadian International School
Canadian International School, established in 1996, was the first school in Bangalore to introduce the IB Diploma program in grades 11 and 12. The school uses 100% solar energy for all its electricity requirements and is the first carbon neutral school in Bangalore. In 2011, CIS introduced 1:1 iPad integrated teaching and learning and today, CIS is a leading school at the forefront of technology in education!
At the Canadian International School (CIS), a foundational belief in the principles of growth mindset underpins the educational approach, with the conviction that intelligence is malleable and can be developed across various disciplines through dedication, introspection, and perseverance. The school recognizes the individuality of each student, understanding that each one may carve out a distinct path in life. In this nurturing environment, CIS is committed to challenging and empowering every student, ensuring they are equipped to achieve success in their chosen endeavors.
- Location: #4 & 20 Manchenahalli, Yelahanka, Bangalore – 560064, INDIA
- Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.canadianinternationalschool.com/
- Curriculum: Cambridge, IB
K-12 Program of Canadian International School
- CIS offers comprehensive K-12 learning programs focused on holistic student development.
- Academic and pastoral care programs are integrated to support students’ transition into adulthood.
- Programs are based on an international curriculum and delivered by a diverse, expert faculty.
- Emphasis on building character and intellectual capacity for meaningful contributions.
- Specialized programs include:
- Artistic development through “We Are Artists.”
- Musical growth with “We Are Musicians.”
- Performance skills enhancement in “We Are Performers.”
- Innovation and creativity fostered in “We Are Innovators.”
- Exploration and curiosity encouraged through “We Are Explorers.”
- Global citizenship and awareness cultivated in “We Are Global Citizens.”
- A four-year university counseling program is in place to guide students and families through the university selection process, tailored to each student’s needs, career choices, and geographical preferences.
At CIS, the belief is steadfast that learning extends far beyond the confines of traditional classroom walls. The school is committed to fostering a holistic educational environment, where students are encouraged to explore, engage, and excel in a variety of domains that complement their academic journey. Here’s an elaboration on the diverse programs offered:
- Athletics and Activities: CIS places a strong emphasis on physical education and sports, recognizing the vital role they play in the overall development of students. The athletics program is designed to cater to a wide range of interests and skill levels, offering everything from competitive team sports to recreational activities. This not only helps in building physical fitness but also instills values such as teamwork, discipline, and sportsmanship.
- After School Activities: Understanding the importance of a balanced education, CIS offers an extensive array of after-school programs. These activities are carefully curated to allow students to pursue their passions or discover new interests in a supportive and structured environment. Whether it’s arts, music, technology, or science clubs, these programs provide a platform for students to express themselves creatively and innovate.
- Clubs and Organizations: The vibrant club culture at CIS encourages students to become active members of the school community. From environmental clubs to debate teams and robotics, these organizations offer students the chance to delve deeper into their areas of interest, collaborate with like-minded peers, and develop leadership and organizational skills. These clubs not only enrich the student’s school experience but also contribute to their personal and social development.
- Experiential Learning: CIS is a strong proponent of experiential learning, which is reflected in its diverse programs that extend learning beyond textbooks and classrooms. Field trips, international exchange programs, community service projects, and real-world problem-solving challenges are just a few examples of how CIS integrates experiential learning into its curriculum. This approach not only enhances academic understanding but also prepares students for real-life challenges.
- Student Council: Leadership and student governance are integral parts of the CIS community. The student council, elected through a democratic process, provides students with a formal platform to voice their opinions, represent their peers, and play a significant role in shaping the school’s policies and culture. Serving on the student council is a valuable opportunity for personal growth, as it nurtures essential life skills such as leadership, communication, and responsibility.
Admission Process of Canadian International School
- Assessments required for admission across all grades, varying by grade level.
- Assessments may include classroom observations and admissions tests in English and Math.
- Submission of the past two years’ report cards is mandatory for all applicants.
- Early Years (age 3-5):
- Must meet developmental and age-appropriate expectations (e.g., independent eating/drinking, potty-trained).
- Accepts both native and non-native English speakers, requiring character reports and previous curriculum samples.
- For long-distance applicants, a signed confirmation of meeting Kindergarten Admissions Guidelines is required.
- CIS may defer the start date based on initial classroom feedback.
- Elementary and Middle School (Grades 3-8):
- Requirement to take the Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) test in English and Math.
- MAP test can be administered on-site at CIS or at the student’s current school.
- A grade-level writing sample is also required.
- Tests are evaluated for correct grade placement and fit at CIS, considering different educational backgrounds.
- A $150 Application Fee is required before testing/assessment.
- High School:
- IGCSE program (Grades 9 and 10) is content-based, preparing students for the IB program in Grades 11 and 12.
- Admissions require an English and Math test, along with the past two years’ report cards.
- Conditional acceptances may be offered based on academic consistency and promise.
- IB applicants work closely with the Admissions Office, College Guidance Counselor, and IB Coordinator for course selection.
- A $150 Application Fee is required before the testing date.
Choosing the right school is a pivotal decision for every parent and student. The Canadian International School – BSF Campus in Yelahanka not only stands out as one of the best schools in Bangalore but also as a nurturing ground for tomorrow’s leaders. With its comprehensive curriculum, state-of-the-art facilities, and a wide array of extra-curricular activities, CIS is dedicated to providing an education that transcends traditional boundaries. YellowSlate is here to guide you through every step of the admission process, ensuring that your child embarks on a journey of learning and growth at CIS. Join the CIS family and witness your child transform into a confident, compassionate, and globally-minded individual.
Parent Reviews on Canadian International School
Reviewed on June 16, 2023
My sons enjoyed their stay and time in school (Early Years) - they look forward to going to school everyday and sometimes even on weekends and holidays (as they do not keep track of the days) =)). That, i believe speaks volumes about their experience and i am very thankful for that peace of mind. I do believe the school is on the right track on adopting a holistic and enjoyable learning environment for children. I have perceived that there is a conscious and concerted effort by all the faculty staff in nurturing each child to their fullest potential. I would like to give a special mention to Ms Susan Raphael in taking extra care and consideration in shaping the behaviour of my elder son. The difference in his behaviour from day one to-date has been markedly progressive and positive. Her patience and dedication shows. My son will definitely miss her guidance and it would be challenging to find another similar teacher as her in our next country of residence. We also want to give thanks to Ms Rekha, Mr Pihlblad, Ms Ashwini and other teachers within his circle, for their patient caring for Tobias. All of them worked together to give a wholesome and holistic learning environment. As for my younger boy, we would also like to mention our deep appreciation to Ms Saira Fernandes in taking good care of him and ensuring an enjoyable daily learning experience at school. We will certainly miss the good times and wholesome social circle the school offers. Our sons will miss their friends and their kind teachers. However, there are work priorities and off to the next destination we must go. Wishing all staff and faculty well in their mission in nurturing the young. We will definitely come back to CISB again should we return to BLR.
Reviewed on June 9, 2023
14Acres of huge campus, neatly maintained, will review regarding Boarding and Teaching after few months... Head of Admission Mes Meredith was very helpful in taking us on a quick tour of the campus and explaining the details.
Reviewed on January 25, 2023
School is looking like a resort.. but place was awesome to study...