Boarding schools work on the concept note of producing a conducive home environment on campus, and the students reside at the campus premises themselves.
Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India, is home to some of the best boarding schools in the country. These schools provide excellent education, facilities, and a nurturing environment for students to grow and develop into well-rounded individuals.
Why choose a boarding School?
- It Inculcates discipline and a sense of understanding others.
- Hostel culture increases a sense of oneness and solidarity as different cultures interact in one go.
- Living in a boarding school contributes to the holistic development of children and provides exposure to other experiences.
List of Boarding Schools in Bangalore:
Here are the top 12 boarding schools in Bangalore that offer quality education and a fantastic boarding experience:
1. Rashtriya Military School
This school is one of the oldest military schools in India and offers excellent education and training to students who aspire to join the Indian armed forces. The school focuses on developing leadership skills, physical fitness, and a strong academic foundation.
Its different and unique culture is what concludes Rashtriya Military School to be one of the best residential schools in Bangalore.
Unlike other schools, Rashtriya military school does not work on the criteria of filling out the form. For admission at the Rashtriya Military School following is the criterion-
“Admission Test”, titled the admission test, Rashtriya Military School conducts an OMR-based examination for admission in classes VI and IX every year in the month of ‘December’
Admission is for boys only based on an ‘All-male’ schooling pattern.
As per the revised rates discussed by the authorities,
Rs 12,000 for the “Entitled Cat(OR)”
Rs 18,000 for the “Entitled Cat(JCO)”
For the staff cadets, the fees are null to negligible- (D/scholars) -Rs 250
(Boarders)- Rs 2,000
JAIN International Residential School
JAIN International Residential School is known for its excellent facilities and focus on providing students with a well-rounded education. With a strong academic curriculum and a range of co-curricular activities, this school is a fantastic choice for students in Bangalore. Jain International has been ranked the number 1 residential school in Bangalore and India for the sixth consecutive year.
- For admission at JIRS, an enquiry form has to be filled out online
- After filling out the enquiry form, the school administration will approach you
- Visit to the campus and interaction with school administration is the next in line.
As it is a fully residential school and considered one of the best boarding Schools in Bangalore, fees are based on that;
For the classes 5th to 7th, the fees is around Rs 6,00,000/-
For the classes 8th to 10th, the fees is around Rs 7,00,000/-
For the classes 11th to 12th, the fees is around Rs 8,00,000/
3. Bishop Cotton Boys School & Bishop Cotton Girls School
These two schools are part of the prestigious Bishop Cotton group of schools and offer a well-rounded education to students. With a strong focus on academics and co-curricular activities, these schools are among the best in Bangalore.
- Language and Literature – English II Language – Hindi / Kannada (UKG)
- Mathematics Environmental Science (EVS)
- Music (Rhymes) Physical Education Art & Craft Scripture
- The Middle School class includes mandatory subjects similar to English/ Prose/ Poetry/ Language/ Creative Writing II Language
- Any Indian Language Mathematics, General Science, Social Studies( History & Geography), Environmental Education, Computer Science III, Language Value Education/ Scripture II Language & III Languages that are being tutored.
- Value Education/ Scripture Moral values are imbibed in o values from the Bible while non-Christian girls learn it as value education. Our girls contribute freehandedly to society whenever the need arises.
- STD. XI – Science; English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Computer Science/ Fine Art, Mathematics/ Home Science Biotechnology/ Environmental Science/ Physical Education/ Language.
- STD. XI -COMMERCE- English, Accounts, Economics/ Computer Science/ Fine Art Maths/ Business Studies Environmental Science/ \
Physical Education/ Language.
- STD. XI -ARTS; English, Political Science, Psychology/ Sociology History/ Home Science, Economics/ Fine Art/ Computer Science EVS/ Physical Education/O.E./ Language
- For admission to the Bishop Boys & Girls School, the online form is available every academic year with a deadline.
- The online application can be filled out by registering on the admission portal by filling out the necessary details.
- An email confirming the registration with a confirmation link would be sent by the school. By confirming the link, the registration is completed.
- After submitting the necessary documents like the birth certificate for UKG, Passport size photo, TC (If transfer from another school), and Aadhar as to move with the further process.
- An online payment fee for the registration has to be paid for the further process.
- After the complete process, download the pdf by logging onto the admission portal to move ahead with the admission process.
The annual fee for the day scholars is around INR 2,00,500/-, and borders, INR 4,00,000/- per annum.
4. Baldwin Girls High School & Baldwin Boys High School
These two schools are renowned for their focus on academics and for providing students with a strong foundation in subjects such as science, mathematics, and languages. The Baldwin schools also offer excellent facilities for sports and other co-curricular activities
The academy offers ICSE( Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) as a course of study. Honored encyclopedically, the class is scientifically designed, therefore helping scholars to be active learners and well-rounded individuals.
- Pre-Nursery-Standard IV plays a major part in helping children discover themselves and their surroundings.
- Norms V- VII provides a frame for academic challenge and exposure to a plethora of-curricular conditioning to make chops and confidence to face the outside world and to take on its challenges.
- Norms VIII- X is a class for scholars aged 13- 16, which is demanding in terms of academics, along with a well-planned structure for the-curricular conditioning like debate, oratory, dramatics, environmental studies, music and systems in wisdom and humanities.
- The Council for the Indian Certificate School Examinations is committed to serving children through high-quality educational endeavours, empowering them to contribute towards a humane, just and pluralistic society.
- For admission to the school, start by filling out the form either online or offline for registration.
- The age criteria for admission is 3 years of age for pre-kg, and for LKG the minimum age is 4 years, for UKG the minimum age is 5 years and for each class the age is applicable before admission.
- After filling out the online/offline form, an offline meeting with the principal of the school is scheduled which is mandatory to attend.
5. Candor International School
This school is known for its strong academic curriculum and its commitment to student development. With a focus on providing students with a well-rounded education, Candor International School is an excellent choice for students in Bangalore.
Middle School( Grades 6- 10)
- The Middle School Programme offers a wide range of subjects and encourages high academic norms through a practical approach to tutoring and literacy.
- Assessment isn’t limited to conventional written papers and they correspond to a variety of tests,e.g. oral and harkening tests.
- Cambridge Syllabus, The class for Grades 6- 10 is drawn up under the Cambridge Syllabus. From Grades 6 to 8, scholars follow the Cambridge Lower Secondary. later, in Grades 9 and 10.
- Scholars follow the Cambridge Upper Secondary — specifically, the International General Certificate of Secondary Education( IGCSE) sluice. scholars take their IGCSE test at the end of Grade 10, an important corner in their education.
Top universities around the world offer university credits to those scholars who score grandly on IB examinations. Successful IBDP campaigners may complete university studies in lower time than their peers who have studied an alternate university class. scholars who have completed the full IB Diploma are eligible for advanced education from numerous universities in the US, UK and Canada.
- For admission at the Candor International School, an online admission form has to be filled out by the parents.
- After the registration is done, the admission committee set up by the school consisting of the administration and principal will look into the matter of admission before taking in the potential students.
- The parents will take a tour of the campus, if not physically possible then a virtual tour will be provided
- After understanding and visiting the campus, meet with the coordinators and principal will be scheduled.
- After which an aptitude for English and Maths will be the deciding factor for admission at the school.
The fee structure at Candor International School varies from class to class, it is not the same for all the classes.
On average Candor charges around 3,86,500 annually.
6. India International School
This school is dedicated to providing students with a comprehensive education. It is known for its excellent facilities, including state-of-the-art science labs and sports facilities.
- Indian Certificate of Secondary Examination( ICSE) The ICSE is an examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination( CISCE).
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme( IBDP) The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is an internationally honored programme, administered by the International Baccalaureate( IB). IBDP is a two-time educational programme primarily designed for scholars aged 16- 19( especially for 11 and 12 grades).
- The IGCSE is a comprehensive two-time educational programme administered by the University of Cambridge International Examinations( CIE).
- For admission at India International School, fill out the enquiry form online
- Kindly pay a charge of rupees 500 to avail of the prospectus and admission form
- For admission, parents can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
After completing the process, the school administration will approach you.
- This does not end here, subsequently, the test for admission to the class of your choice would be conducted by the school.
The application fee of Rs.500/- and registration fee of Rs.5000/- in cash to register themselves with India International School. For a detailed fee structure need to contact the school.
7. Stonehill International School
Stonehill International School is a highly regarded boarding school that offers a well-rounded education to students from around the world. With a strong focus on academics and co-curricular activities, this school is an excellent choice for students in Bangalore.
Stone hill is one of the best boarding Schools in Bangalore which follows the inquiry and visit format for admission at the school.
Fill out the inquiry form online, once done with the inquiry form, application for the admission with personal details has to be filled out online.
For details email email@example.com
The annual fee after admission to Stone Hill is around 9,00,000 to around 13,00,000 annually which is 2,25,000 to 3,25,000 quarterly.
The fee varies from class to class.
8. The International School Bangalore
This school offers an excellent education and boarding experience to students worldwide. With a focus on academics and providing students with a well-rounded education, The International School Bangalore is a fantastic choice for students in Bangalore.
At TISB we aim to make the transition as easy as possible and are then to help every step of the way. As a transnational academy in Bangalore serving aspirants from around the world, we understand the need to be flexible to accommodate unique conditions, and thus welcome operations from scholars throughout the time, subject to Grade Level vacuity. It is one of the best boarding Schools in Bangalore.
Please don’t vacillate to communicate with the Admissions Department, who’ll be happy to help you, If you’re shifting to Bangalore and would like to bandy your specific conditions. To get a sense of TISB firsthand.
Open Mornings- Throughout the time we will host several Open Mornings in the TISB Lot to allow prospective parents sapience into TISB. The prospective parents will be taken on a lot of stints and will get a chance to interact with the scholars, followed by donations by Dr Caroline Pascoe, star, other crucial staff members and pupil representatives
STEP 1 CONTACT THE ADMISSIONS DEPARTMENT
STEP 2 ATTEND AN OPEN MORNING
STEP 3 MAKE AN operation
STEP 4 SIT AN ENTRANCE ASSESSMENT
STEP 5 OFFER OF A PLACE
STEP 6 ACCEPTANCE OF A PLACE
The fees at the International School, Bangalore is around 5,00,000 a year.
The quarterly fee is around 1,25,000 quarterly.
9. Greenwood High International School
Greenwood High International School is known for its excellent academic curriculum and its focus on student development. With a range of facilities for sports, arts, and other co-curricular activities, Greenwood High International School is an excellent choice for students in Bangalore.
Greenwood High is one of the best boarding Schools in Bangalore, offers ICSE from Grades 1 to 10 & ISC Grades 11 & 12 at both Sarjapur & Bannerghatta Premises. The International Lot in Sarjapur offers I- PYP, MSP, IGCSE & IB Diploma programs. Greenwood High Pre Schools located in Sarjapur, Koramangala, Whitefield, Bannerghatta, Jayanagar, and J.P Nagar follow the International Primary Years Program & offer Kindergarten at Nursery, LKG & UKG situations.
The academy identifies multiple intelligences and offers themes- grounded literacy, conception-grounded literacy, disquisition-grounded, pupil-centric literacy, as well as discerned literacy for scholars of colourful capacities. Robotics, Contemporary Dance, Theatre/ Drama, Music, Cooking/ Baking, Gardening Speak Up/ Public Speaking & Poetry club, Chess, Art, Model United Nations, Photography, Coding, Aviation Club, International Relations and Current Affairs, Film Analysis & Production and CSR conditioning are many of the fresh subjects tutored to the scholars down from their textbook books.
- To get the details and enquire about the admission fill out the enquiry form available online on the website.
- The online application form is also available on the website directly to be filled out by parents. This will generate an application number for the admission process.
- Appointments can also be booked from Monday to Saturday, from Monday to Friday between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
The school charges around INR 3,00,000
10. Redbridge International Academy
Redbridge International Academy is known as the best boarding School in Bangalore, for its strong academic curriculum and its focus on student development. With a range of facilities for sports, arts, and other co-curricular activities, Redbridge International Academy is an excellent choice for students in Bangalore
- Redbridge encourages an offline visit to campus to get a detailed outline of the curriculum, teaching methods, culture, fees and other details before moving ahead with the admission process
- The admission form is available at the campus to be filled out by the parents, before any of it, Red Bridge urges to fill out the enquiry form along with the necessary documents like passport size photo, Aadhar, birth certificate, TC etc.
- One-on-one discussion for the nursery class and assessment test for students from grade 1 a part of the admission process at Redbridge.
The average fee structure of Rs. 252000
11. Canadian International School
Canadian international school is dedicated to providing students with a well-rounded education. It is known as one of the best boarding Schools in Bangalore, for its excellent facilities, including state-of-the-art science labs and sports facilities.
- An account has to be created online through the website, once done fill out the admission alongside the required documents.
- At your convenience, schedule a visit to the school.
- The entrance test is scheduled to complete the admission process and screen the potential candidates.
- Canadian Internation school will notify the parents regarding the clearance of the entrance test.
- Accepted Applicants have to complete the due formalities and pay the tuition fee to get admitted.
The fee structure of class 6 is Rs. 2.332,37 for others classes it vary and for that please contact the school
12. Akash International School
This school is known as one of the best boarding Schools in Bangalore, for its strong academic curriculum and its focus on student development. With a range of facilities for sports, arts, and other co-curricular activities, Akash International School is an excellent choice for students in Bangalore.
At Akash International School, the fee varies from 30,000 to 40,000 monthly.
For Primary School, the monthly fee is 29,230.
For Middle School, the monthly fee is 33,562.
For Secondary School, the monthly fee is 34,470.
For Senior Secondary, the monthly fee is 40,000
- Age Criteria: For the nursery, the minimum required age is 2 years and 8 months.
- For the LKG and UKG, the minimum age criteria are 3 years and 8 months and 4 years and 8 months respectively.
- For class X, the age required is 14 years and 8 months of age.
- Register online for the admission
- Once done with the registration, the school will assess academic performance in various subjects like English, Hindi, Maths and GK.
- After completion of the assessment, an interview with the school department is organized to test the candidate.
- The results of the Assessment and Interview will determine the admission solely based on merit.
All in all, Bangalore is blessed with a variety of schools for the all-round development of a student. These are the residential schools in the Bangalore area enriching and teaching the value of communication, and interaction to the students. Hope the list of schools provides help.